Recently, our customers voted us "Best Gift Shop" in the News & Record's Battle for Guilford's Best contest. Also recently, we celebrated our store's 68th anniversary! In 1949, twenty-year-old Charlie Plummer started Fleet-Plummer as a hardware store in downtown Greensboro. Many of you remember when we moved to Friendly Center, and then to our location now, Battleground Avenue. What started out as a hardware store all those years ago has evolved into your local eclectic mix of fine gifts, apparel, jewelry, patio furniture, outdoor accessories, grills, fireplace equipment and seasonal/Christmas items. And yes, we are still family owned and operated.
While we still make keys, we also have a lovely selection of jewelry. And while we are THE place in town to get your Big Green Egg, we are also THE place to be come Christmastime! Being we are such an eclectic mix, we hear our guests sometimes say, "Oh, I didn't know you had this!" In that spirit, and in the spirit of Paul Harvey, we thought we'd fill you in on the REST of the story.
- Although we are not a hardware store anymore, we DO still make keys. House keys, car keys, decorative keys, sports-themed keys, key rings, key tags...if you need a key made, we are here.
- Silver polish, furniture polish, and all sorts of cleaning supplies--the tried-and-true ones you've come to love like Bon Ami and Twinkle and new arrivals on the clean scene like e-cloths and the Bona cleaning system for floors. We've got 'em!
- Play Bridge? Have trouble finding bridge decks and tally score cards? Look no further. We have them!
- Speaking of cards, we have those too! Beautiful ones, funny ones, quilled cards, cards made here in NC...such a lovely assortment, you are sure to find the perfect one!
- Seeking a frame for that special picture? Visit our wide selection!
- Got birds? You need seed! We have the best birdseeds at the best prices! Did you know that?
- Peepers are our favorite readers, and they even make sunglasses that are readers too. Did you know we have those?
These are just some of the products that grace our shelves, and together with the more well-known items, make us the eclectic mix we are! We thank you for your support over the years, for shopping local, and in true Paul Harvey style, now you know the REST of the story.