(Oenophilia: Greek for "love of wine")
Have you ever dreamed of touring great wineries on a bicycle with a basket perfect for gathering grapes and bread and cheese? Or perhaps you've daydreamed of a hot air balloon ride over sprawling vineyards below? Or does your perfect evening include good friends and great wine? Then you may just be an oenophiliac.
No need to look for a cure, and no need to just daydream either, as we live right smack in the middle of an oenophiliac's paradise. Our great state is the home of America's first grape... true story! AND North Carolina is the only place in the world where every major type of grape is grown. There are more than 400 vineyards and 185 wineries here, so it's no wonder there are so many of us Carolina wine lovers!
But before you head off on your own wine adventure, savoring each step through all our state's lovely wine country, why not begin that journey here at in our store? Hop aboard the Fleet-Plummer wine-lovers' train and we will guide you through all our wine-derful gift varietals:
- First stop, wine glasses. There are many styles on our tour today, including these featuring the outline of our great state and the word HOME etched on each one. Pair them with a lovely glass tray and cute paper napkins for a casual evening.
- Next stop, starfish wine glasses are perfect for the wine lover who is also a lover of the salt life. These glasses also come in varying sizes.
- Our next few stops on this wine-lovers' gift train features kitchen towels, each with their own wine-wisdom, great little additions to pair with a bottle of wine for a hostess gift.
- Next up, our cast aluminum bottle stand by Hanamint. We've paired this gift with spotted melamine wine glasses, perfect for entertaining outdoors!
- If you'll look to the next pic, you'll see our Rewined Candles, lovely-scented candles in your favorite wine varietals, all poured into re-fashioned wine bottles. Talk about loving your wine! Enjoy it twice with these candles!
- Next stop, we explore wine racks, and how creative we can help display your collection. This one is a classic, a bicycle built for two, or three, of your wines. What a conversation piece!
- We are now onto Menagerie wine pourer/aerators. These make great stocking stuffers during a certain season coming in the next few months!
- Also, a great stocking stuffer: Thirsty stone coasters. Made from sandstone, these coasters absorb, so the only thing chilling is your glass, not everything else. Think conversation, people, not condensation!
- Looking for a creative housewarming gift? We have so many here at Fleet-Plummer, but we do love the simplicity of this rustic artistic piece, and we think your favorite wine-lover will too!
- As you travel through our store, you'll see so many NC and Greensboro products, as we DO love our great state, and our lovely city! Share that Greensboro pride with this towel. Pop it into a gift bag along with some coasters for a quick last-minute present for your out-of-town guests!
- Next stop, this wine rack is the perfect gift for the wine-connoisseur who just can't choose between red, white, or rose. Who wants to choose anyway? Pick up this gift and display all three!
- How about wine glasses and an ice bucket, made from hand-blown glass and adorned with a pewter monogram? Our next pic shows this gorgeous gift idea. A wedding, a new home, a new job... any occasion is one to celebrate in style!
- Speaking of style, our next stop on this train allows us to imagine the days of yesteryear, when elegant decanters and stunning wine glasses were all the rage. Can you imagine? We can. And we love this gift idea!
- And finally, what would a wine-lovers' tour be without a wine bag? Simple, sweet, a perfect way to package your bottle.
We hope you've enjoyed your tour of wine-derful gifts on the Fleet-Plummer wine-lovers' train. New ideas are always arriving, so be sure to hop aboard again soon!
And, remember to go explore our great state and its amazing wines!