Have you ever had a doughnut served warm? Like when it’s freshly made and the glaze kind of oozes and melts all over as you sink your teeth into it? Well that’s what these grilled doughnuts are like, except they’re made even sweeter with a topping of chocolate drizzle.
So when you’re looking to satisfy your sweet tooth, you could reach for a chocolate chip cookie or maybe that extra scoop of ice cream, but if you really want a treat, allow these photos to convince you a grilled doughnut is really all you need:
- Glazed doughnuts (from your favorite local shop)
- Chocolate chips
- Heavy cream
- Preheat SABER® grill and side burner to medium heat.
- Cut doughnuts in half or choose to leave whole. Place doughnuts on grill, flipping once.
- Pour desired amount of semisweet chocolate chips into medium mixing bowl.
- Heat at least 1 Tablespoon heavy cream in a saucepan on the side burner for every ounce of chocolate used. Once cream is heated through, carefully pour over chocolate chips, let sit for a few minutes, then gently whisk together until completely incorporated.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the grilled doughnuts and enjoy!