Spring has sprung, finally, and along with these warmer temperatures come thoughts of dinners al fresco, entertaining friends out on the deck, and perhaps gathering with family to bask in the glow of a new fire pit. For the past few seasons, we have been seeing a shift away from a few chairs around a pool or patio or a couple of rocking chairs on the porch and instead we are seeing the trend shift toward creating "outdoor rooms." Patios, decks, and porches are now being considered an extension of the home, and like any living area, they require comfy seating, a place to put your feet up, a table for drinks. Follow these six tips to create an oasis, your own little corner of the world, where you can dine under the stars, entertain, and simply relax:
- FLOW: To ensure a smooth transition from indoors to out, choose living-room worthy outdoor furniture. With the new styles available now, this is easy to do! Here at Fleet-Plummer, we proudly feature three main outdoor furniture lines. You can't get any more comfortable or beautiful than Woodard. With their sling chairs, swivel rockers, wicker with built-in cushions, and padded chairs, Woodard also offers a wide selection of fabrics and finishes. Hanamint offers beautiful pieces made from cast aluminum, and the powder-coated finish ensures durability. Gensen is also made from cast aluminum, and the woven patterns create a gorgeous design.
- COLOR: Blue Topaz, Seaglass, Sunset Siesta, Coral Sands, Mint Julip...our collection names say it all! Choose a bold geometric pattern in gray and white or a yellow, gray and white stripe if you want to add boldness to your modern mix. Or have a seat in the padded swivel rocker by Woodard in the light green we call Mint Julip. Pair this with the light green and cream-striped loveseat for plenty of seating. The Coral Sands collection features a peach and cream rounded sofa and loveseat, padded swivel rockers and a large ottoman, perfect for serving drinks at sunset. If you find yourself in a more fun and funky phase, you may just love our Warehouse 2120 outdoor furniture collection. Made from reclaimed fishing boats from Bali, this brightly-colored line makes a splash around the pool, as everyone will want to cozy up to the cool bar or relax in the adirondack-style chairs. Want to add color to your existing set? We have outdoor pillows to accomplish just that. Bold patterns, bright birds, butterflies or beachy themes...pillows and cushions a great way to change up your look. Or bring out your favorite colors with an umbrella. Standing alone or as part of the table set-up, an umbrella is a great way to give your outdoor space finish and finesse. Have a long deck or an large space? Along with extra seating, why not try two umbrellas?
- SMOOTH FLOORING: Decks and patios are the perfect place to go barefoot, so why not remember your feet when designing your outdoor space? Our rugs are made for weather, as they can be cleaned easily with a garden hose, and come in complimentary patterns. Our Treasure Garden rugs are available in 5X7 and 8X10 sizes.
- FIRE: A fire pit is a wonderful way to add that cozy glow to your outdoor living space. With our wonderful selection from Gensen, OW Lee and Woodard, you're sure to find the finish, design and shape that fits your budget and style. Our gas fire pits can be accentuated with media like lava rocks or mirrored glass shards. And since the glass shards come in varied colors, you can change them or mix them to achieve a quick, easy and inexpensive new look.
- LIGHTING: Fire is one way to light up your nights, and another is by candlelight or lamplight. Our flameless candles create ambience, while outdoor lamps allow you to control your lighting with the flick of a switch. And finally...
- ACCESSORIZE! From fire pots to lanterns, from serving trays to acrylic serviceware and glasses, we make it easy to accessorize any outdoor decor!
Stop by today and let one of our designers help you put together your perfect outdoor living space. As we like to say here at Fleet-Plummer, we make weekends wonderful!